TruckMarket.com is a leader in dealing and selling used heavy-duty trucks and trailers in Mississippi. The company was built in 1979. We encourage our clients to browse through our extensive inventory of equipment to find the best model that will suit their needs and budget.
What are Rollback Trucks?
Rollback or tow trucks look similar to flatbeds but, it has a hydraulic system and winch that allows the bed to roll and tilt. This mechanism allows the bed to tilt at an angle so it can drive or pull a vehicle on top of the bed. This is often used for hauling severely damaged vehicles, when at least one wheel is not functioning.
When maneuvering in tight spaces, the angle can be changed through the winch cable to pull the vehicle closer to the tilted bed so it becomes easier to load the vehicle. The end of the bed can be flexed for greater clearances when the vehicle scales the bed.
Difference Between a Rollback and a Flatbed
Because of their similarities, it will be difficult to identify the differences of a tow truck and a flatbed. However, it should be made clear that the two trucks are different. They both have a flatbed on the back but, that is all the similarity they have.
Flatbeds are those that just stay flat but rollback trucks are very useful in terms of collecting vehicles that are damaged beyond recognition. You can find them usually in haul fleets, where they take every type of vehicles to impounding or repair facilities. You can add to your fleet a unit or more out of our extensive list of used rollback trucks for sale.
How much will rollback trucks cost?
Adding at least one tow truck into your fleet is an asset that will improve your business. However, you may be one of the many truckers who are thinking about the price of a new truck. A smarter alternative is to buy used rollback trucks for sale that are still in excellent condition. All of the rollback trucks in our inventory are in good condition, low mileage, and most importantly, are reasonably priced.
Tips for Buying Used Rollback Trucks
In your search for rollback tow truck for sale to add to your fleet, you may want to consider these tips we have prepared for you:
- Draft a used truck purchase checklist. List down the things that you want your truck to have especially if you are going to use it on more rigorous tasks. Also consider the budget that you have and compare it with the features you want your vehicle to have.
- Conduct a running history check on the used rollback trucks you are shortlisting. Before signing up, ask the nitty gritty details of the trucks history leading to its present condition. Ask for the maintenance records, accident history, and other important details that may affect the quality of the vehicle.
- Research about the engine model’s track record. A very important factor when considering a rollback truck is the engine model in question. There are some engine models known for their chronic problems. There are also models known for wearing out easily. Do your research on the best engine models before you sign the sale.
- Perform the quality inspection. Simple things like the oil and body rust can have some significant effects on the efficiency of using the trucks especially if they are to be used over long distances.
- Choose a reputable seller. You should deal with people you can trust. It helps to find a seller that understands you and would go the extra mile to assist you in the before, during, and after the sale is sealed.